NJ TRANSIT customers traveling to and from this event should consider the following:
- Buy Tickets in Advance of the Event and Purchase Roundtrip Tickets. Remember, you will need a ticket to get home. Customers are strongly encouraged to buy their tickets before the event and purchase round-trip tickets from ticket vending machines before getting on the train. Customers without tickets will not be permitted to board the train.
- Before traveling, visit www.njtransit.com to check for any last minute announcements or schedule changes.
- Travel as early as possible, when more seats are available. The busiest travel period for trains arriving in New York – when seating capacity can be limited – is from approximately 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
- Attached is a schedule of trains arriving in New York between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Below is a list of stations where significant parking is available on weekends.
Northeast Corridor Line
- Princeton Junction
- New Brunswick
- Newark Penn Station
North Jersey Coast Line
- South Amboy
Morris & Essex Lines
Raritan Valley Line
- Ramsey-Route 17
- Customers using the Bergen County, Main, Pascack Valley and Port Jervis lines must transfer to New York-bound trains at Secaucus. Returning from New York, take any train one stop to Secaucus Junction and transfer for connecting service to your final destination. (Note that trains stopping at Secaucus are shown with "SEC" on train information boards at Penn Station New York.)
- Customer using the Raritan Valley Line must transfer to New York-bound trains at Newark Penn Station. Returning from New York, take a North Jersey Coast Line train (departing at 7 minutes after each hour until 11:00 p.m.) to Newark Penn Station (the second stop) and transfer to Raritan Valley Line trains.
- Customers whose hometowns do not have rail service or have limited rail service on weekends may consider driving to Newark Penn Station or Secaucus to board any New York-bound train. Parking is available at both stations. (Note that fans traveling to a football game at MetLife Stadium will also be parking at Secaucus.)
- Stagger Your Departure to Avoid Crowds. For the return trip, customers are advised to stagger their departure after the event to lessen the chance of extended wait times and crowding. The busiest trains will be those immediately preceding and following the event.
- Note that a large number of customers attending a football game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford will be traveling from New York in the morning, and back to New York in the late afternoon.
- Expect Delays. Large crowds can sometimes have an impact on train operations. Be courteous to your fellow riders by standing clear of the doors, moving all the way into the car, and making all seats available.
- Use Good Judgment and Know the Rules. Customers are encouraged to use caution and good judgment in their travels. As a reminder, smoking is not permitted aboard trains, in stations or on platforms.
- If you are traveling with children or older adults, please remain together at all times.
- For additional information, visit www.njtransit.com and use the Trip Planner (on the homepage) or click on the Schedules and Fares or Rider Tools links.
- Please note that security screening will be time consuming at the Madison Square Garden. COME EARLY: DOORS WILL OPEN AT 8:30 AM.
- Every person (except for infants less than 2 years in age) needs a ticket and photo id to enter Madison Square Garden. Lottery winners also need to bring a copy of the confirmation email to pick up their tickets.
- Entry will be closed at 11 am. No one will be allowed to enter the arena after that. Security is expected to take a lot of time, please plan accordingly.
What can I bring?
- Cell Phones OK. You will be allowed to carry a cell phone.
- Women are allowed to carry only a small purse (size that can fit a cell phone) - smaller than even what is allowed on a plane. Please do not bring a bag or large purse.
- Men cannot carry any item with them unless it fits in their pockets (wallet).
- NO laptops, cameras, recorders, iPads, tablets, or any other electronic equipment will be allowed inside the arena.
- NO backpacks, bags, strollers, umbrellas or other items. You will not be allowed to bring any additional items inside. Madison Square Garden does not have a coat check or any place to leave your belongings.
- Outside food and drinks (including water) NOT allowed inside the stadium. Madison Square Garden will concession stands inside the stadium that provide various fast food items and drinks for purchase.